Reshmi Chicken Kebabs
500g boneless chicken thighs, de skinned
1/2 lemon, freshly squeezed
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon ground almonds
2 tablespoons plain yoghurt
2 tablespoons heavy cream
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tablespoon ginger, finely chopped
1 fresh chili, chopped
1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
1/4 teaspoon or to taste chili powder
2 tablespoons chopped mint leaves
1-2 tablespoons olive oil or butter
1. Sprinkle salt and lemon juice all over chicken pieces and set aside for 15 minutes. Drain excess water from chicken.
2. To chicken add ground almonds, yoghurt, ginger, garlic, chili, cream, turmeric, garam masala, chili powder, and mint leaves. Mix well and set aside for about an hour at room temperature.
3. Pan Frying-Heat butter or oil on low-medium heat in a non-stick frying pan.
4. Place chicken and fry until golden brown and slightly charred on both sides (about 4-6 minutes on each side).
5. Let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with Lentil and Apple Salad or with warm pitas and hummus.