Thai Style Prawns with Asparagus
20 tiger prawns, peeled and deveined
1 tbsp soy sauce
12 stalks baby asparagus, cut into 2 inch pieces
2 stalks lemongrass, lightly bashed with a pestle or rolling pin
5 large cloves garlic, chopped
1 thai lime, squeezed
2 tbsp fish sauce
1 tablespoon honey
1 fresh red chili, chopped
1 small onion, cubed
2 tbsp chopped roasted peanuts, for garnish
2 tbsp chopped chives, for garnish
3 tbsp coconut oil
1. Marinade prawns in soy sauce for 10-15 minutes.
2. Heat coconut oil on medium flame in a wok.
3. Add garlic and fry until slight golden brown.
4. Add lemongrass, prawns, fresh chili and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes until prawns are no longer pink.
5. Add onion, stir for another 2 minutes.
6. Add asparagus, stir-fry for another minute.
7. Finally add fish sauce, honey, lime juice, stir well.
8. Garnish with chives and roasted peanuts.
9. Serve hot with Thai Jasmine rice and a side of steamed bak Choy and oyster sauce