Pumpkin and Red Pepper Dip
1kg pumpkin, cubed
2 red bell peppers, deseeded and halved
1/2 small red onion, chopped in large chunks
2 cloves garlic
1.5 tablespoons olive oil
1.25 tsp salt
1 tsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp mild chili powder
1/4 cup Ayam coconut milk
2-3 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Place pumpkin on a baking tray, sprinkle 1/4 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp black pepper all over along with a teaspoon of olive oil. Mix well.
3. Place red bell peppers on the same baking tray. Bake for 20 minutes.
4. Remove tray and place onion and garlic. Brush sparingly with olive oil.
5. Bake again for 30-40 minutes until red pepper is slightly charred on top. Let it all cool down for 30 minutes.
6. Once cool, peel peppers and place everything in a food processor along with 3/4 teaspoon salt, brown sugar and ground cumin. Process until smooth.
7. Next heat a tablespoon of olive oil, add chili powder followed by purred pumpkin. Stir well, next add coconut milk and chopped coriander leaves. Stir.
8. Garnish with extra virgin olive oil. Serve it warm or cold with crackers, naan or pita.