Prawns with Mustard Seeds
1.5kg raw whole tiger Shrimp or 750g peeled deveined tiger shrimp
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon ginger, chopped
1 fresh chili, finely chopped
1 cup yogurt or coconut cream
3 tablespoon besan (gram flour)
1/4 teaspoon turmeric
1/2 teaspoon chili powder, or to taste
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon garam masala
1 tablespoon mustard seeds
15-20 curry leaves
3 tablespoons olive or coconut oil
1/4 cup coriander leaves, for garnish
1. Place peeled, deveined shrimp in a large bowl.
2. Pour yogurt and all other ingredients for marinade.
3. Mix well with shrimp and set aside for about an hour.
4. Heat oil in a large wok.
5. Add mustard seeds and curry leaves, let them crackle.
6. Add marinated shrimp and stir-fry on high heat for about 5-7 minutes until fully cooked.
7. Garnish with coriander leaves, serve hot.