Pineapple Fried Rice (serves 4)
4 tablespoons coconut oil
2 shallots, sliced
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoon shrimp paste, optional
250g shrimp, shelled and deveined
2 cups jasmine rice
250g fresh pineapple, cut into small pieces
1 red or green chili, finely sliced, optional
3 tablespoons fish sauce
1-2 teaspoon curry powder
1/4 cup roasted cashew nuts
1/4 cup raisins
1/4 cup chopped chives
Cilantro, for garnish
1. Cook 2 cups jasmine rice with 2.5 cups water in the rice cooker or as per instructions on the pack.
2. Once cooked, set aside to cool. Heat up a wok on medium-high flame and add cooking oil. 3. Stir-fry the garlic, chili, shallots and shrimp paste (if using) until aromatic. Add shrimp and stir-fry for 2 minutes until cooked.
4. Set it all on one side of the wok, add eggs on the other side and quickly scramble. Add rice, and do a few quick stirs.
5. Mix fish sauce and curry powder then add to blend well with rice.
6. Stir-fry for another minute or so, add pineapple, cashew nuts/peanuts, raisins, chives, stir to combine well, dish out, garnish with cilantro and serve immediately.