24 pieces large shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons ghee or coconut oil
15-20 fresh curry leaves
1.5 tablespoons finely chopped ginger
2 fresh red chili or green chilies
1/4 teaspoon mustard seeds
1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
250ml or 1 cup plain yoghurt, at room temperature
2 medium or 300g tomatoes, roughly chopped
1/4 cup chopped coriander leaves
10-12 pieces okra or green beans, cut into 1-2 inch pieces
1. Place yogurt, tomato, ginger, fresh chili, 1/2 teaspoon turmeric, 1/4 teaspoon chili powder, 3/4 teaspoon salt in a blender and blend until very smooth. Set aside.
2. Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon turmeric, 1/4 teaspoon chili powder all over shrimp. Set aside.
3. Heat ghee/oil in a large non-stick pan or wok, add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, and fennel seeds followed by curry leaves. Let them crackle.
4. Next add shrimp and stir fry for 2-3 minutes on medium heat. Pour in blended sauce followed by okra.
5. Stir, and cook on medium-high flame for about 10 minutes until oil surfaces. Add 1/2 cup of water, bring to a boil. Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve hot with steamed rice.