-Makes 12 large cookies
The best chocolate chunk cookies - crispy all the way through and loaded with gooey dark chocolate chunks. You can even freeze the dough for up to 3 months and enjoy fresh cookies at your pleasure. Enjoy the recipe!
200g unsalted butter, at room temperature
300g caster sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
300g self-raising flour
400g dark chocolate chunks or chocolate chips
1. Using an electric whisk cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl for 2-3 minutes until very pale and fluffy. Creaming butter incorporates air into the mixture making a lighter cookie.
2. Stir in the egg and vanilla extract followed by flour; beat together until the mixture forms a soft dough. Fold in chocolate chunks or chips until well incorporated. Bake as per instructions below or cover in plastic wrap to freeze cookie dough for later use. Cookie dough can be frozen for up to three months.
1. Thaw cookie dough until it reaches room temperature.
2. Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
3. Divide the cookie dough into golf-sized balls and arrange on baking sheet, leaving 3-4cm of space in between cookies as they spread while baking.
4. Bake for about 12 minutes until golden at the bottom. Leave the cookies to cool for about 5 minutes on the baking sheet, then transfer to a wire rack to cool. Enjoy them warm or store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.