Kale and Mango Salad with Shrimp
400g NPG chicken thighs, cut into thin strips
1/2 onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic
1 tbsp chopped ginger
1 large carrot, cubed
1/2 cup red split lentils or toor dal
4 cups of chicken stock or vegetable stock or water
1 tablespoon ghee
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cracked black pepper
1/2 Lemon, garnish
1. Heat ghee in a large saucepan.
2. Add chicken and stir-fry for a few minutes until no longer pink.
3. Add onion, carrot, garlic and ginger. Stir-fry until they start to soften, but are not browned. (The onions should look transparent).
4. Add lentils and stock along with salt, pepper and turmeric. Bring to a boil.
5. Simmer over gentle heat for about an hour until the lentils are soft.