1.5 cups freshly made paneer (recipe below)
1.5 cups thick yogurt
8-10 green cardamoms, pounded in a mortar and pestle
15-20 strands saffron
6-8 tablespoons caster sugar
2 tablespoons chopped pistachios
1/2 teaspoon ghee, for greasing
1 tablespoon chopped pistachios, for garnish
1.5 liters full cream milk
3-4 tablespoons Heinz white vegetable vinegar OR lemon juice
Ice cubes (20-30)
1. Place yogurt in a muslin cloth placed in a colander (for about an hour) to drain excess liquid. Discard liquid.
2. Next place thick yogurt, paneer, and sugar in a blender and blend until smooth.
3. Grease a square/rectangular microwaveable glass container with ghee. Pour blended mixture.
4. Sprinkle pounded cardamoms evenly all over the mix along with saffron strands and 2 tablespoons chopped pistachios. Microwave on high power for 2 minutes, the stir gently.
5. Microwave again for 5 more minutes on high power. Cut into squares, sprinkle one tablespoon pistachios all over.
6. Bring it back to room temperature, then refrigerate for a few hours before placing fudge squares into cupcake liners. Serve chilled.
1. Heat milk in a large saucepan until it comes to a boil. Reduce heat to low flame.
2. Add vinegar or lemon juice gradually one tablespoon at a time and stir the milk gently. The curds will start separating from the whey. Simmer for 2-3 minutes. Take it off the flame and let it to cool for about 10 minutes.
3. Next drain the whey on a large handkerchief or cheese cloth placed on a colander. Leave the colander in a bowl full of ice cold water for 10 minutes.
4. Set the colander with paneer aside for about 30 minutes to drain excess water. Use crumbled paneer in recipe above.