Spicy minced chicken with Thai sweet basil
3 tbsp coconut oil
1 inch piece ginger, peeled and finely chopped
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 cup shallots or onion, sliced
1 lemon grass-bashed with a pestle
2 fresh red or green chillies, finely sliced
500g minced chicken or pork or beef
15-20 green beans, chopped into 1 inch pieces
1 heaped tbsp Alce Nero organic honey
2 tbsp fish sauce
1 tsp dark soy sauce
Juice of 1 lime or lemon
2 lime leaves, finely chopped (get rid of the midrib and chop the rest of the leaf)
large handful Thai sweet basil
1. Mix together honey, dark soy sauce, fish sauce, and lime juice to make sauce, set aside.
2. Heat oil in a large frying pan. Fry lemon grass stalk, ginger, garlic and chilies for about a minute.
3. Add mince, then stir-fry on medium-high heat until cooked, breaking it up with a wooden spoon as you go.
4. Add sauce and shredded lime leaves, then cook everything down until sticky. Add shallots, chopped green beans and stir well for another 1-2 minutes.
5. Finally add Thai sweet basil. Stir well, discard lemon grass. Serve spicy minced chicken with Jasmine rice and a side of steamed greens.