500g minced beef, medium fat
1.5 cups onion, finely chopped
1 medium carrot, finely chopped
1/2 red bell pepper, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp dried mixed Italian seasoning
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
2 tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup red wine
500g Alce Nero Italian tomato Passata
3 liters water
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
1. Heat oil in a heavy base saucepan. Add Italian seasoning, onion, carrot, bell pepper and sauté on medium flame for 8-10 minutes until onion softens. Add red wine and let it cook for 2 minutes.
2. Next add tomato purée, stir well. Sprinkle salt and black pepper, mix well and cook for 5-8 minutes until oil surfaces.
3. Add beef mince, stir well making sure there are no lumps. Cook mince until brown.
4. Next cover, reduce heat and simmer for 60 minutes. Bring 3 liters water to a boil in a saucepan, season with salt.
5. Add spaghetti, cook for 8-10 stirring occasionally until al dente. Drain and add pasta to sauce, toss to coat.
6. Serve in individual plates with grated Parmesan on top.