Roasted Beetroot and Cashew Salad
1 large beetroot
2 large carrots, peeled and thinly julienned
1 pack baby spinach, optional
1/2 cup cashews
1/4 cup sunflower and pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup raisins
3 tablespoons feta, for garnish
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses (available at Mustafa)
2 tablespoons Papa's Grove EV olive oil
1 teaspoon sumac
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 tablespoon organic honey, optional - add only if your beetroot isn’t sweet enough
1. Preheat your over to 180˚C. Cover beetroot in tin foil and roast for about 60-90 minutes until cooked through. Set aside to cool, then refrigerate.
2. Place cashews, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds on a baking tray and toast for 10 minutes at 150˚C. Set aside.
3. Peel carrots, then thinly julienne using a zig zag peeler or on a chopping board using a shard knife.
4. Peel chilled beetroot, then slice into thin discs, place the discs flat on your chopping board and cut into match sticks.
5. Place julienned carrots, beetroot, baby spinach and raisins in a salad bowl.
6. Whisk together all the ingredients for dressing. Pour dressing over salad and toss, garnish with toasted nuts and seeds along with crumbled feta. Serve immediately.