Potato and Kale Fritters
1. Place chickpea flour, carom seeds, turmeric powder, salt, ginger, baking soda and coriander leaves in a large mixing bowl.
2. Now adding little water at a time, mix well until you get a smooth batter.
3. The batter should be of thick pancake batter consistency. Peel potatoes and slice into very thin circles.
4. Season with a pinch of salt and red chili powder. Heat about 1.5 inches vegetable or coconut oil in a small frying pan on medium flame to 375F.
5. Once hot reduce heat to low-medium flame. Dip each potato slice into the batter and place it gently in hot oil.
6. Deep fry fritters for 7-9 minutes turning occasionally until crispy golden all over.
7. Drain on paper towels and serve hot with ketchup or coriander chutney.
8. To make crispy kale fritters, use 210g de-stemmed kale instead of sliced potato.