Moroccan chicken stir-fry
1/2kg boneless chicken thighs, chopped into bite-size pieces
8-10 shallots, quartered
1 bell pepper, chopped into large cubes
15 pitted green or red olives
1 tbsp Alce Nero acacia honey
1-2 preserved lemons, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon preserved lemon juice
4-6 chinese spring onions, bulbs and leaves separately chopped
6-8 fresh green chilies, for garnish
1 tbsp olive oil
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1/2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1/4 tsp ground turmeric
1 tsp sweet paprika
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
1. Place chopped chicken in a bowl and mix well with all marinade ingredients. Set aside.
2. Heat olive oil in wok. Add garlic, ginger, chopped spring onion bulbs and quartered shallots. Stir-fry on medium heat for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
3. Add marinated chicken and stir-fry in medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes until chicken is fully-cooked. Add preserved lemon juice from the bottle of preserved lemons.
4. Add peppers, sliced lemons, honey and chopped spring onion leaves. Stir well and heat it through. Garnish with chopped green chilies for a kick.
5. Serve hot with either couscous or rice with a side of stir-fried vegetables.