Indian Fish Curry
500g Flounder or Sole or any white fish
1x100g bottle of Ayam Seafood curry paste (available at Citishop and other imported food stores)
1x100g can Ayam Coconut milk
1 large tomato, cubed
1 cup water
2 tablespoons lemon juice or 1/2 tablespoon tamarind paste
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 tsp turmeric
1/4 tsp ground chili
1/2 tsp garam masala
3-4 tablespoons chopped chives or coriander leaves, for garnish
1. Chop fish into 2 inch pieces. Sprinkle with 1/4 tsp salt, turmeric and ground chili. Set aside for 15 minutes.
2. Pour curry paste and coconut milk in a hot wok, stir well and bring to the boil. Stir on medium heat for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
3. Add water, tomato, salt, stir well and bring to the boil.
4. Add marinated fish and let it cook on medium flame for 5-10 minutes until cooked through.
5. Add garam masala, lemon juice or tamarind paste, stir gently. Garnish with chives of coriander leaves. Serve hot with steamed rice.