500g Flounder or Sole or any white fish
1x100g bottle of Ayam Seafood curry paste (available at Citishop and other imported food stores)
1x100g can Ayam Coconut milk
1 large tomato, cubed
1 cup water
2 tablespoons lemon juice or 1/2 tablespoon tamarind paste
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 tsp turmeric
1/4 tsp ground chili
1/2 tsp garam masala
3-4 tablespoons chopped chives or coriander leaves, for garnish
1. Chop fish into 2 inch pieces. Sprinkle with 1/4 tsp salt, turmeric and ground chili. Set aside for 15 minutes.
2. Pour curry paste and coconut milk in a hot wok, stir well and bring to the boil. Stir on medium heat for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
3. Add water, tomato, salt, stir well and bring to the boil.
4. Add marinated fish and let it cook on medium flame for 5-10 minutes until cooked through.
5. Add garam masala, lemon juice or tamarind paste, stir gently. Garnish with chives of coriander leaves. Serve hot with steamed rice.