Chocolate Brownies (gluten-free, dairy free)
1. Grease and line a square or round cake pan with sunflower oil and parchment paper, and preheat the oven to 350ºF.
2. Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave for 90 seconds in 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval.
3. In a large bowl, combine the sugar, sunflower oil, vanilla extract, eggs, chocolate and whisk together well.
4. Next add the ground almonds, rice flour, salt, baking powder and chopped walnuts/pecans and fold until well mixed.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared tin and bake for about 45 minutes until the cake still wobbles slightly when you gently shake the tin.
6. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool for at least an hour. (or you could do what I did and just eat them all as soon as they come out of the oven)